Re: Unsafe address?

1995-11-08 17:41:08

I've recently built and installed a copy of procmail in my local
directory.
I created a login to use for testing purposes, and have a .forward file
and .procmailrc file that are included in this email message.

Each time I attempt to mail to the special login, the following occurs:

yodac:/usr/people/williams% /usr/people/steve2/.forward: line 1: "|IFS='
';exec
/usr/people/steve2/procmail -f- #steve2"... Address steve2 is unsafe for
mailing
 to programs
Saving message in /usr/people/williams/dead.letter

Regards,

        Steve,

        It sounds like your sendmail (or mail transport) is checking
        the ownership, or permissions of the .forward or the
        procmail binary or something like that.

        I'm far from expert in these things, but I think I've
        read of options to do this sort of sanity checking.  Some
        MTA's might even require users to be listed in a special
        .allow file in order to forward through a pipe.  Also you'll
        want to make sure that this test user's shell is set O.K.

        Generally I su to the test user account when setting up
        any of that user's files to avoid this sort of problem.