procmail as local mailer

1995-11-15 09:20:09
Hello,

I've installed procmail as local mailer, and it work ok. I'm on sunos 4.1.4
and I use sendmail.7.1. The thing is when I tryed to add rules to be able to
pass meta arguments to procmail sending mail, I couldn't get it run properly.
After having added the line:

R$++$+<@$*.LOCAL>$*     $#local $@ $2 $:$1

before

R$*<@$*.LOCAL>$*        $#local $:$1

when I tryed to send a mail to guillard+pizza or guillard\+pizza, I had a:
guillard+pizza user uknown... ( also when testing with the sendmail test mode,
I found that the first line didn't match for these adresses )

But when I replaced:
R$++$+<@$*.LOCAL>$*     $#local $@ $2 $:$1
by
R$+"+"$+<@$*.LOCAL>$*     $#local $@ $2 $:$1

I could get the meta argument $1 passed to procmail giving as adress:
guillard\"+\"pizza
( when sending to guillard"+"pizza I got another "user unknown" )

Any hint to make it work with guillard+pizza ???

Thank you

Olivier