running simple mailing list via procmail?

1995-11-17 00:38:04

Hello all,

I'm new to procmail (about a week) but love it.  If I can figure out how
to get it running at work, I'll be in heaven (but that's another
question).

I have a small group of people (3 right now, probably up to 10 later) I
want to set up a mailing list for.  Netcom is not starting new mailing
lists and my other ISP doesn't do lists.  So I was thinking I could fairly
easily set up a mailing list using procmail and just have the people on the
list put some identifying word in the Subject or one of the other headers.
And then just have procmail forward that mail to everyone listed in a file
after adding a few X-Resent headers.  Sounds pretty simple, and I'msure I
could figure it out given the time.  But I hate reinventing the wheel and I
figure someone out there must have done something like this already.  So
does anyone out there have an example recipe and script they can send me?
I checked the best_of_procmail file and saw someone asking something
similar but didn't see an answer.

If there's any interest, and no one's done this before, I'll send on the
recipe and script once I write it up for the archive.

Thanks.

-jon

|Jon Granrose           | PADI, NRA             |'78 KZ1000LTD - "Beast"     |
|Santa Cruz, CA         | DoD #97, AMA          |'84 VF500F - SOLD! HOOYAH!  |
|odin(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com        |
http://www.netaxs.com/~granrose/valhalla.html      |
        Question Authority and the Authorities will question You.