Using procmail to edit a file- can it be done?

1995-11-17 10:36:44
OK, this is probably sorta wierd, but I think it can be done.  What's
going on is that I need to run an EXPLODER type mail list (Can't run
Majordomo anymore).  What I'd like to do is setup few procmail scripts to
manage the list so that people can add\remove themselves from the list.
Has anyone done this before?  Anyone have any suggestions as to the best
way to get this done?  Is procmail the best tool to do this or is there
something better (remember no listserver software!).

A big thanks in advance!

Aaron Turner -aka: aturner(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com >
Junior(_at_)Cal(_dot_)State(_dot_)University(_dot_)Hayward
--Hanlon's Razor:  Never attribute to < aka: Falcon3PLT(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
    malice that which is adequately   > aka:
75774,1000(_at_)compuserve(_dot_)com
        explained by stupidity.       < Finger for more info and PGP key.