Splitting digests in .procmailrc

1995-11-17 10:27:09
        According to the formail man page, it increments a variable
FILENO for each message.  Well, I want to use this in my procmail recipe
for splitting digests.  Currently, my recipie looks like this:

SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject:`
SENDER=`formail -xFrom:`

:0
* (^From|^Sender|^TO).*-digest
* ^Subject:.*Digest
* !^X-Split-From.*Digest
| formail -cdz -aMessage-ID: -a"Sender: $SENDER" \
         -i"X-Split-From: $SUBJECT/FILENO" -s procmail

Now, this obviously doesn't work properly.  I haven't been able to
figure out how to properly escape $FILENO so that procmail won't try to
evaluate it.  Any help will be welcome.

                Sten

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                         /* Sten Drescher */
To get my PGP public key, send me email with your public key and