Re: Bounceing/forwarding

1995-11-18 02:31:36
On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Philip Guenther wrote:

    I am trying to setup a very small scale mailing list using
procmail.  What I would like to do is like "bouncing" mail in PINE.  Ie.
Forwarding a mail that was sent to my account to 3rd party, which keeping
the org. sender's info.  For example of the header:

Okay, what if you _do_ want the Resent-* headers?  Well, you use formail
to add the headers, feeding the output directly into sendmail:

:0
*     From: whomever(_at_)whereever(_dot_)org
| formail -a "Resent-Date: `date`" -a "Resent-From: $LOGNAME" \
      -a "Resent-To: 3rdParty(_at_)another(_dot_)domain" -a
      | $SENDMAIL -oi 3rdParty(_at_)another(_dot_)domain

Hello, first of all thanks a lot for your help.

I tried the script you gave me.  But it still not come out as what I
expected.  I would like to have the From: field with the Orgional
senter's name and address in it.  And I want to have all those messy
header from the orgional not included as text of the email.  Do you have
more idea on it?  I wonder if it's possible to get what PINE sends out to
SENDMAIL when doing a bounce command...

--
University of Toronto                 g5kalam(_at_)cdf(_dot_)utoronto(_dot_)ca
Art & Science