kernel lock failed

1995-11-20 13:36:51

I took a look at the man pages and the best_of file but didn't see this
explicitly stated so I thought I'd ask.  I'm getting kernel lock failed
errors fairly regularly (several times a week) here at Netcom and as far as
I can tell I'm not losing any mail so I'm not too concerned, but I wanted
to check that there wasn't a serious problem.  Here's what I get
from mailstat:

  Total  Number Folder
      0       2  ## procmail: Kernel-lock failed
      0       2  ## procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

Looking in the log file I see the following: