older procmail; /var/spool/user permissions

1995-11-22 23:13:26
Perhaps someone knows if this is a bug that has been fixed in newer
procmail (I have 2.92pre4) or something wrong here at my host.

I run procmail from my personal directory (not superuser).  To make a
long story short, when the .procmailrc has done its thing, and the
remaining mail goes into the default mailbox, which is
/var/spool/mail/ , the mailbox is chgrp'd to *my* GID (user) instead
of "mail".  The perms on those spools are 664, so anyone in
my group could read or write to my mailbox.  I took the .forward out,
and sent myself mail.  The GID/perms are now OK again since it is the
system not procmail, that is delivering the mail.  When procmail
delivers, the GID goes back to 'public'.

Is there a way around this?  Is this fixed in later versions?

Bill

--

     William Pfeiffer - Moderator rec.radio.broadcasting - Airwaves
   wdp(_at_)airwaves(_dot_)com  *  airwaves(_at_)woodtech(_dot_)com  *