Re: Bouncing Mail ......

1995-11-28 19:37:34
On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Washington Rose wrote:

  from sending me email. I have been succussful. However, I would
  like to have a message bounce back to those users. I am not quite
  sure how to go about doing this. I have looked over the man page
  and as I am not a system administrator have not been able to figure
  out how to get this 2nd part working. Can you send me a tip ? Thanks,
  or the name of further places to look would be most excellent.

Back when I was active in comp.dcom.modems, I wrote the following recipe:

:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*jnavas(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com
{
        :0 B
        * .*This is a courtesy email copy of a Usenet posting
        {
#               :0 c
#               ! jnavas(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com
                :0:
                junk-mail

I'd asked Mr. Navas to stop sending news posts to my email address.  He
claimed that the news reader he was using, which he also claimed to have
written, did this automatically...anytime he posted a news article
followup, it was sent out as both a news article and as personal email to
the original author.  For a few days, I uncommented the two commented
lines, and suddenly it was possible for him to post to newsgroups without
cc:'ing to me as email.

This recipe could be simplified to simply bounce the mail back, but I
like to receive all "junk-mail" to junk-mail, especially if it's going to
bounce back.

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu |  But please ask before
sending
 http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu |  unsolicited huge files.

_____Finger jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu for PGP
public key_____