Re: Procmail + vacation ?

1995-12-01 11:25:27
Hi, I have the following recipe at the end of my .procmailrc
file. However vacation does not seem to get invoked. Urgent help is
requested since I am going on vacation tommorow !!

I have a .vacation.msg file and invoked vacation -I on the command
line to start vacation

I would prefer not to use formail

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
* ! ^FROM_DAEMON
* ! ^X-Loop: yusufg(_at_)cc(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu
| /usr/ucb/vacation yusufg

First guess, change the first condition to read:

* $ ^TO$\LOGNAME\>

If that doesn't help, have you turned on verbose logging?  If so, what
does it show?  If not, put "VERBOSE=on" at the top on your .procmailrc,
near the "LOG=somefilename" you already have there. (You _do_ having
logging turned on, don't you?)

If it turns out that it's always failing to match the first condition,
then you may want to consider removing that condition, and letting
vacation do the check for you (check you vacation manpage first to
make sure it does this).  I also assume that your .vacation.msg
contains the X-Loop: line, as vacation does not add it for you.

Philip Guenther

Philip Guenther                 UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
Internet: guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu   Phonenet: (507) 933-7596
Gustavus Adolphus College       St. Peter, MN 56082-1498
I am _not_ a representative sample of the Gustavus Community.  Yeah, right...
Source code never lies (it just misleads).  (Programming by Purloined Letter?)