procmail or Smartlist filling root filesystem on DEC Alpha?

1995-12-07 03:32:04
Hello,
I installed procmail and Smartlist on a DEC Alpha a couple of weeks
ago, and since then I've had a strange problem with the machine.
The root filesystem fills up completely, but when I attempt to locate
the cause of the full filesystem, I can't find any file to which the
problem can be attributed. This started after I installed
procmail and Smartlist, so although I'm not certain that one of them
is the culprit, they are the likely suspects. Has anyone else
experienced this behaviour?
When I reboot the machine, the problem goes away, so whatever was filling
the filesystem is deleted, but within a day it reoccurs. What makes it more
difficult to understand is that procmail is not running as root, but as
user 'list' that I created especially, and list's home directory is on /usr
not on /, so in principle I see no reason for procmail or Smartlist to write
anything to /...
Any insight would be appreciated!
        Julyan

--
Julyan Cartwright                  Email    julyan(_at_)hp1(_dot_)uib(_dot_)es
Computer Centre &                  NeXTmail