Rookie Needs Help with Procmail

1995-12-09 17:03:18

I have been trying to install procmail. I am able to get it to compile
procmail but not formail etc.. I have decide to just worry about getting
procmail to act a mail filter for now.
This is part of my .procmailrc .
Needed to define DEFAULT as /var/mail/rick other wise I would not be
notified of new mail. I have 3 other directories for maillist.

.procmailrc

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=/var/mail/rick  #$MAILDIR/inbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
#LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0
* ^From.*procmail
PROC

This is an excert from my "from" file.

procmail: Lock failure on "/var/mail/rick.lock"