using procmail for multiple domains

1995-12-11 13:42:49
i've done a bit more experimentation and i've come up with two fixes
to address my problems.  to summarize, i'm trying to get sendmail
8.7.1 and procmail 3.10 to support mail exchange for multiple domains.
the two problems with my previous setup were that (1) procmail is only
invoked once per domain and (2) my rcfiles don't get the recipient or
sender properly.

first, in order to handle multiple recipients to the same domain
properly, i need to omit the F=m flag in my procmail mailer definition
in sendmail.cf.  this forces individual processing of addresses.

second, i couldn't figure out why ARGV wasn't getting passed to
procmail, as i wanted to pass and use the recipient and sender.  after
experimentation, it turns out that when using /etc/procmailrcs as the
path before the rcfile name, all ARGV appears to be thrown away by
procmail.

i have tried both of these "fixes" and they both appear to work as
advertised.  my personal feeling is that both of these are things
which should either change or should be documented more clearly.

-- Bob