limits on formail

1995-12-13 10:59:48

I've been using formail to filter out unread mail lists from user accounts.
It's a nice tool for those students who haven't read mail in 9 months,
subscribe to dozens of mail lists, and have mail spools of about 10MB.
However, I run into a problem with the -n flag eating up the entire process
table. What would be extremely useful would be a number following the
-n flag that would tell you how many forked processes may be running
at one time so as not to flood the system... Something like
formail -n 64 -s procmail -m .... etc

        Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I'm subscribed to this list or not...

 Doug Hughes                            Engineering Network Services
 doug(_at_)eng(_dot_)auburn(_dot_)edu                   Auburn University