Procmail, aliases, and envelopes

1995-12-15 09:59:04

I wanted to apoligize for the envelope confusion.

However, the original purpose of my post was to point out that aliases
don't change the mail header. People doing filtering on the header (as
some people do) should be aware of this when constructing filters. It
can cause much consternation to those who are unaware. Several of our
users have run into exactly this problem, as well as some commercial
email->pager gateways that weren't aware of the distinction.

 Doug Hughes                            Engineering Network Services
 doug(_at_)eng(_dot_)auburn(_dot_)edu                   Auburn University