HELP!!

1995-12-16 13:27:11

Hi:

I am trying to comfigure procmail/formail do perform what seems
relatively simple tasks. Here is what I am trying to do.

Our web server does not allow CGI scripts by students. Instead, form
submission data from web pages are mailed to the student. I want to take data
from a form submission and strip the mail header from it. Then, I want to
run my program on the mail message. My program will take the data and
parse it into text separated by commas. (I plan to import this data into
a spreadsheet)

So far, I have been able to capture the incoming email message into a
folder of my choice. I read all the examples I could get my hands on but
I cannot seem to configure the recipe correctly.

Here is what I have so far:

:0:
* ^Subject: Survey
| /usr/local/bin/formail -fk -X Date: | $HOME/.PROCMAIL/procsurvey \
EE2014_TEST

the procsurvey is the file I wrote to read stdin and send the processed
data to stdout.

EE2014_TEST is a mail folder that I have. Ultimately, I want to have the
data saved into a different text file.

I cannot seem to find a detailed description of the individual parameters
for either procmail or formail.

Can you assist me here?

Regards,

Jonathan P. Day

  "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."  -Gen. George Patton

  WWW  WWW  WWW  PPPPPPPPP  IIII  Jonathan P. Day   E-mail:
jonday(_at_)wpi(_dot_)edu
  WWW  WWW  WWW  PPP   PPP  IIII  Electrical & Computer Engineering Student
  WWW  WWW  WWW  PPP   PPP  IIII  Worcester Polytechnic Institute
  WWW  WWW  WWW  PPPPPPPPP  IIII  100 Institute Road
  WWW  WWW  WWW  PPP        IIII  WPI Box Number 3327
  WWWWWWWWWWWWW  PPP        IIII  Worcester, MA 01609-2280  USA