Re: Questions on syntax

1995-12-18 18:51:48
Hi,

At 08:44 AM 12/18/95 CST, Soren Dayton wrote:
But I'm stuck on a few problems.  I know a shell script would be easier,
but I wanted to try to do it all with procmail.

 this is not always the appropriate thing to do.  I would advise
against it.  Write a shell script.

Yes, you are right.  But I wanted to push procmail to see what it could do,
and to for a learning experience.  It's good to know what a tool shouldn't
be used for as well as what it can do well... :)

As for the help with the environment vars and awk... I did read the docs, it
was just very late though...

Thanks for your input.

Bill                |
moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com  |