Help with man pages

1995-12-18 23:13:46
Greetings all:

        I am attempting to utilize procmail on a Silicon Graphics
Iris Indigo workstation.  Everything seems to install OK, (though I get
a lot of "cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/sysexits.h:107: Macro EX_OK redefined."
messages when I type "make install" from withing the procmail-3.10 directory)
At least I THINK everything installed properly.  I didn't get any fatal error
messages, and I can type "procmail -v", which is how I got this address.

        However, I can't seem to access the man pages and thus I can't figure
out how to make the .forward and .procmailrc files I need to do what I want.
During the installation I got the messages:

        Installed in /usr/local/bin
        -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys        62208 Dec 18 23:55 formail
        -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys        37632 Dec 18 23:55 lockfile
        -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys         5390 Dec 18 23:55 mailstat
        -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys       119648 Dec 18 23:55 procmail
        Installed in /usr/local/man/man1
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys        11188 Dec 18 23:54 formail.1
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys         6085 Dec 18 23:54 lockfile.1
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys        24649 Dec 18 23:54 procmail.1
        Installed in /usr/local/man/man5
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys        14924 Dec 18 23:54 procmailex.5
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys        25360 Dec 18 23:54 procmailrc.5
        -rw-r--r--    1 root     sys         7990 Dec 18 23:54 procmailsc.5
        cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/sysexits.h:107: Macro EX_OK redefined.

Which would lead me to believe that there is where my man pages should be.
Thus, I alterred my .login file to include these directories in my MANPATH
variable.  I've also enterred them manually as the -M option in the man
command.  I've tried installing with the MANCOMPRESS line commented and
uncommented in the Makefile.  However, whatever I do when I type
"man procmail" or "man forward" or anything else I think might tell me how
to set up procmail I get:  "no man page entry found."

Can anyone tell me how to get to my man pages?  Procmail looks like it's going
to be a great piece of software if I can ever figure out how to use it.

If anyone is kind enough to tell me where I am going wrong I would greatly
appreciate it.  I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, so please send any
replies directly to me at:

                        allen(_at_)iris2(_dot_)utsi(_dot_)edu

I may subscribe soon.  At the moment, I get WAY too much mail to subscribe to
another list.  Procmail was supposed to help me with that, if I can ever get
it going.  Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

                                       -Allen