Re: 2 quick questions

1996-01-09 19:26:40
patrick <patrick(_at_)harvassoc(_dot_)com> wrote:
First, how do I add a carrige return to a string, for example I have a
statement like { ERR="error" }.  I can generate the error message fine,
but wheen there are multiple errors they are all strung together.  What
would I put in to add a linefeed to the above statement?

Well, for one thing, you could simply try to add a linefeed :-):

ERR="error
"

Secondly, I used a procmail rc file someone posted to this list (it has
been very helpful), but there is a problem shelling out (I think).   Here
is what I have in the rc file:

# Get the subject
SUBJ=`formail -zxSubject: | sed -e `s/^Re: *//g'`
                                    ^
                                    ^<<-- Change that into a ' not a `
--
Sincerely,