solaris 2.5 anyone?

1996-01-11 11:45:00
howdy.  i'd like to compile procmail for solaris 2.5.  i've tried but
with no luck.  i have gcc 2.7.2 and gnumake installed and they've
worked great for many other programs.

if i unpack procmail-3.10 and do a "make" i get the following (edited)
output:

Initiating fcntl()/kernel-locking-support tests

Proceeding with kernel-locking-support tests in the background
Testing for const
Testing for volatile
Testing for prototypes
Checking for POSIX and ANSI system include files
Checking for network/comsat/biff support
Testing for void*, size_t, off_t, pid_t, time_t, mode_t, uid_t & gid_t
Testing for WIFEXITED(), WIFSTOPPED(), WEXITSTATUS() & WSIGTERM()
Testing for memmove, strchr, strpbrk, strcspn, strtol, strstr,
        rename, setrgid, setegid, pow, opendir, mkdir & waitpid
Determining the maximum number of 16 byte arguments execv() takes
Whoeaaa!  This actually can't happen.
You have a look and see if you detect anything uncanny:
In file included from network.h:6,
                 from _autotst.c:5:
/usr/include/netdb.h:132: arguments given to macro `endservent'
/usr/include/netdb.h:134: arguments given to macro `endprotoent'
make[2]: *** [_autotst.o] Error 1
I suggest you take a look at the definition of LDLAGS*
in the Makefile before you try make again.

any suggestions?  anyone running procmail under 2.5?  2.4?  care to
share your Makefile and/or config.h with me?

is there a more recent version which compiles properly under solaris
2.5?  i've been unable to get into ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de due
to what appears to be an absurd load.

please send replies directly to me as i am not on the list.  thanks!

-- Bob