Re: problem distributing mail from a POP mailbox :((

1996-01-13 07:32:11
On Sat, 13 Jan 1996, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

Just a few days ago I posted a script to handle this, but a repeat seems
to be required :-). Any re-distribution and similar handling should of
course be set up in .procmailrc in the usual manner.

Since then I've made a change to it addressing a compatibilty problem
with old shells pointed out to me by Soren Dayton.

The script can be found at:

      ftp://frp.sn.no/user/egilk/pop_script.tar.gz

as anyone with a working brain would have guessed pretty instantly, this
was a slight typo, and should be:

ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/egilk/pop_script.tar.gz

Typos, as we know, are very easily understood simple mistakes which
anyone could make... I only mention this correction because I tried to
access 'frp.sn.no' and in my "Oh-my-God-its-finals-time" mental state it
took me quite a few minutes to figure out the slight change.  This is in
no way to suggest that people who put typos in their messages should be
harrassed (see, for example, my recent post: "Chaning [sic] subject on
forwarded mail" ;-)

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma            <luomat(_at_)capitalist(_dot_)princeton(_dot_)edu>
"Everything is easy when you know what you are doing"