Re: Sorting a POP mailbox...

1996-01-18 08:36:00
Try either telling your popclient to use procmail directly  or to pipe
its output to procmail.

"Michel" == Michel Coste "Sorting a POP mailbox..."
 Thu, 18 Jan 96 11:01:26 GMT

    Michel> What I would prefer is that the script would be launched
    Michel> when my pop client has done it's job but I don't know how
    Michel> to do it...

    Michel> Any suggestions?

I use popclient-3.0b4, (by Carl Harris <ceharris(_at_)mal(_dot_)com>) which
probably is not the latest and greatest, with the following
adjustments in config.h

  /* fully-qualified pathname for the MDA (usually /bin/mail) */
  /* #define  MDA_PATH  "/usr/bin/deliver" */
  #define  MDA_PATH     "/usr/local/bin/procmail"

  /* passed as argv[0] to the MDA (usually just the basename of the mailer) */
  /* #define  MDA_ALIAS "deliver" */
  #define  MDA_ALIAS    "procmail"

  /* MDA command args; $u passes user's login id (usually "-d $u") */
  /* (may be undefined if the mailer doesn't require arguments (?!)) */
  /* #define  MDA_ARGS  "$u" */
  #define  MDA_ARGS     "-Y -d $u"

which are suggested by the man page along with other options such as

  popclient -k -c mailgrunt | myfilter > $HOME/filtered.mail

perhaps other popclients may offer similar possibilities.  Sorry, I
cannot find a pointer to Carl Harris's popclient right now but it
might be at nic.funet.fi or a Virginia Tech site.

                        jam