Re: Bouncing messages (was Re: Uses for HOST in procmailrc???)

1996-01-21 09:13:45
Stephen explained about my question,

| No.  This "delivers" the message to the program echo.  The stdout of
| this program is connected to /dev/null, by default.

Ah; thank you.  I did not realize that.

| There is no real compelling reason why this is so, though; it's just
| something I decided in the beginning.
|
| So, if nobody has strong objections, this can be changed to connect to
| procmail's original stdout.  The impact on backward compatibility should
| be relatively insignificant.

No strong objections (nor weak ones either) from me.  People normally ex-
pect child processes to inherit file descriptors that are not specifically
redirected, so I'm actually in favor of it.