Re: formail -D

1996-01-25 16:54:51
[I tried to send private email to reply to this but the address was
malformed.]

Now I'm assuming that this will take care of multiple mailing lists
that drop mail into the same folder.  What if you have a message that
goes to multiple lists and those list are stored in different
folders?
Or is the cache.msgid universal and not just specific to each folder?

Do you want to have the same message in several folders?  Mine is set up
to only put it in one of the mailing list folders it was sent to.

In any case, the formail -D trick is pretty irrelevant when it comes to
your question above.  If you want to put a message in several folders,
not including that recipe will only cause two messages to appear in one
folder, not one in each.  You'd have to put c flags on all your
delivering recipes if you wanted it the other way, and then the formail
-D trick is probably worthwhile, since otherwise you'd then get two
copies in each folder if it were sent to two mailing lists, three copies
in each folder if it were sent to three, and so on.

--
Tim Pickett
tlm(_at_)yoyo(_dot_)cc(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au