Re: Diagnosing duplicate mail from procmail mailinglists

1996-01-25 18:10:13

Yes it is a linux box and sendmail 8.6.12, I compiled myself.  What would I

Recompile it, make sure that HAS_FLOCK is turned off.

be seeing in my messages from the transport level?  All I see is that my
system recieves the mail twice, so procmail delivers it twice....

No, your system receives it once, but then the queue run and the normal
delivery overlap and the queue run delivers the message in the queue (which
is already being delivered).

Thanks for all the responses.

I needed to upgrade sendmail anyway, so I have chosen to take this answer
first.  I have upgraded to sendmail.8.7.3 and compiled with the default
HASFLOCK 0.  All the sendmail docs indicate that flock() is broken on
linux kernels after .99.14  If this does not work, I'll have to sort thru
all the formail -D suggestions to see what needs to be done.

--
Douglas Rabe
ANS Senior Associate Engineer