Re: Help needed with auto-reply

1996-01-26 08:59:25
On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Pankaj Saxena wrote:

The script works great, that is, it returns mail with my file "info_file"
to anyone who sends me mail with the keyword "retrieve" in the subject
line. The problem is, the mail they send me with the request vanishes. It
is not in my INBOX or anywhere in my account. I have no idea what happens
to it after it's processed.

I'd like to modify the script so that it saves each request in a folder
called "IN.requests", and then auto-replies to the sender. That way, I'd
have a record of whom I sent the auto-reply to.

Could someone tell me how to modify the script above to keep a record of
incoming requests to which the script auto-replies?

                :0
                * !^From +YOUR_USERNAME
                * !^Subject:.*Re:
                * !^FROM_DAEMON
                * ^Subject:.*retrieve
                | (formail -r ; cat info_file) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

After the "*^Subject" line I think you want something like this:

|(formail -r; cat info_file)| $SENDMAIL -oi -t

:0
IN.requests
}

that was it will do two actions when it reaches that recipe.

I'm no expert, but I think that should be either what you want or close
to it

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma <luomat(_at_)capitalist(_dot_)princeton(_dot_)edu>
Swapfile and Swapdisk FAQ available via email!  Send email with subject: