Procmail problem

1996-02-05 11:40:49

Hi:

I tried to run procmail on my systems recently (to sort my incoming mail)
and ran into some problems.  Please allow me to explain.

We have a network of Sparc stations in our lab. The mail server is
machine running on SunOS and all other machines run on Solaris.

I included the following command in my .forward file (as suggested in the
man page on procmail)

"|IFS=' ';exec /usr/local/bin/procmail #krishnan"

Now, if somebody sends mail to me @ any of the client machines (Solaris),
I don't have any problems in receiving the mail and sorting it accdg to the
recipe I have in the .procmailrc file.

BUT, if somebody sends me mail @ the server (SunOS machine), the mail
bounces back with the following error message

sh: cannot use ; in command
554 "|IFS=' ';exec /usr/local/bin/procmail #krishnan"... Service unavailable

   ----- Unsent message follows -----

It appears to be a problem with the SunOS shell syntax.

Could somebody suggest a way I can get over this problem ?

U can reply to me at krishnan(_at_)gehrig(_dot_)ece(_dot_)psu(_dot_)edu

Thanks very much