Resent:Question about procmail on HPUX with HP-Vue (fwd)

1996-02-10 14:26:07

Hello,

I send this last night, and when I arrived at school today, I realized
that procmail had reset the permissions on my /usr/mail/calvin file,
which caused all my mail to bounce with "no permission to write to file".

So, I have lost a lot of mail, and possibly the mail responding to my
earlier request.

If someone has already responded to my earlier message, I'd
appreciate it if someone could resend it, or forward the reply.

And now, adding another question, "how do I run procmail so that it won't
reset the permissions on my /usr/mail/$LOGIN file?"  I think it has
something to do with the UNMASK option, but I'm not going to fool around
with procmail again until the problem with writing to the screen is fixed.

Thanks again,
Phil

Phil Calvin                                              HawkGT DoD#242
http://cmr.sph.unc.edu/~calvin/