procmail 3.10 and formail -rk

1996-02-14 12:21:19

Hello.  I'm a recent procmail user.  I'm using procmail 3.10 on Solaris 2.5.
I'm trying to get automatic replies generated that include the body of
the original message.

After reading the man pages for formail, procmailex, I determined that
I wanted something like the following in my .procmailrc

---------------------------.procmailrc--------------------------------------
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/appl/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # you'd better make sure it exists
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from   # recommended

:0 c
* ^To:.*sysadmin
! mfrost jsweeney

    :0 Ahc
    * !^FROM_DAEMON
    | (formail -r -k -b -A"Precedence: junk" \
        -A"X-Loop: sysadmin" ; \
        echo "Your mail to the \"sysadmin\" account has been received." ; \

        echo "" ; \
        ) | $SENDMAIL -t

    :0 A
    sysadmin

That is, I need the "formail -r -k" to do the autoreply and include the
body of the message.  Unfortunately, it would seem that whether or not
I use the -k option, I never see the body of the message in the reply.
It's as if -k has no effect or I'm doing something wrong.

I looked at the FAQ and I couldn't find anything in there about it either.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

-mark frost
 horizon systems inc