Re: Problem recipes

1996-03-05 08:23:48
Wotan wrote,

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Jonathon Blake wrote:

    I'm having a some trouble with recipe that don't work the way
    I expect them to.  Can somebody/anybody give me
    a reason as to what needs to be changed, and why.

#**********
#
# I'm trying to set up my mailer so it autoreplies to any messages
# containing a certain keyword in the subject line. The auto-reply reads in
# a file and sends it to whoever sent me the message with the keyword.
#
    :0: h
    * !^From +YOUR_USERNAME
    * !^Subject:.*Re:
    * !^FROM_DAEMON
    * ^Subject:.*hwafaq
    | (formail -r ; ~ftp/pub/gr/graphology/hwa.faq ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

The pipe is trying to run something called
~ftp/pub/gr/graphology/hwa.faq, which won't work.

[solution snipped]

I think also that:
    :0: h

was intended to be
        :0 h:

Looks like one of my mistakes!  :-)
Probably harmless unless you have a file "h" lying around.

Cheers,
Stan.