Man page bug?

1996-03-17 15:49:42
Hi.

I was wondering if the following advice in the man page "procmailex"
might be buggy?:

     If you are fairly new to procmail and plan to  experiment  a
     little bit it often helps to have a safety net of some sort.
     Inserting the following two recipes above all other  recipes
     will  make sure that of all arriving mail always the last 32
     messages will be preserved.  In order  for  it  to  work  as
     intended,  you  have to create a directory named `backup' in
     $MAILDIR prior to inserting these two recipes.

          :0 c
          backup

          :0 ic
          | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

I ask, because I have these lines at the top of my .procmailrc,
and I logged a message about rm not finding files when I sent
a message, Cc: to myself, and Return-Receipt-To: myself; thus
three messages (the Cc and two receipts) slammed into my mail
all at about the same time.

Shouldn't both of these recipes have a lock?

Thanks,
Stan Ryckman (stanr(_at_)tiac(_dot_)net)