Autoreply

1996-03-15 20:05:09
I am not very familiar with procmail, but I'm trying to use it to send an
autoreply under the following conditions--I currently have 3 aliases for
my email account, dnielsen(_at_)vxr(_dot_)com (my mail),
info(_at_)vxr(_dot_)com, and
refer(_at_)vxr(_dot_)com).  If a received email address is written to
"dnielsen", I
don't want to do anything; if the address is to "info", I want to send
back a message with the body $HOME/info.txt; if the address is to "refer",
I want to send back a message with the body $HOME/refer.txt.

Sounds simply enough.....but I'm having trouble with my .procmailrc; here
it is:

#Set to "on" when debugging
VERBOSE=off

MAILDIR=$HOME

PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGABSTRACT=on

SHELL=/bin/sh

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin

MYADDRESS=dnielsen(_at_)vxr(_dot_)com

MYXLOOP="X-Loop: $MYADDRESS"

:0 hc
* ^Toinfo
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ! $MYXLOOP

 {

  |(cat $HOME/info.txt ) |$SENDMAIL -t -oi

 }

:0 hc
* ^Torefer
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ! $MYXLOOP

 {

  |(cat $HOME/refer.txt ) |$SENDMAIL -t -oi

 }

This doesn't work, and I'm stumped and don't want to wade through 60 UNIX
"man" pages looking for an answer.  HELP!