Re: New Mail Notification

1996-03-27 21:31:59
On Mar 26, 22:32, Ingo Luetkebohle wrote:
Subject: New Mail Notification
Normally, without procmail, my mail goes only in one place and many
programs monitor that place and tell me when new mail has arrived. Now,
with procmail, mail goes in lots of places, and I need to check all
folders (I am using pine) by hand to look where new mail has gone.

Is there an easier way to do that?

One of my co-workers uses `xbuffy' to monitor dozens of mailboxes
written to via procmail filters.  It's the most impressive use of
that application I've seen.  It's available from:

  ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/xbuffy3.2.1.tar.gz

There are quite a few other multi-mailbox watcher tools floating
around, written in your favorite (and least favorite :-) languages.
I don't have specific references to them, tho'.

-sjk

--
Scott J. Kramer                                 264A W. California Avenue
UNIX Software Consultant                        Sunnyvale, CA 94086, USA