uuencoding before automatic send

1996-04-02 07:01:52

I was very interested to see Philip Guenther's reply to
D. Emilio Grimaldo's querey concerning the fileserver
concept.  I have had it working for a while now, but have
been unsuccessful in getting binary files sent automatically,
ie uuencoding them first.

My function is thus:

   :0 ah
   | cat - ./$FILE 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

which is OK if $FILE is ASCII, how can I handle it if is binary?

I thought something like:

   :0 ah
   | cat - ./$FILE 2>&1 | uuencode $FILE | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

But that does not appear to work, any help would be appreciated.

Regards ....... Marc

*                                                        *
*  <<><><>>    Marc Rackett MIEE, B.Eng (Hons), C.Eng    *
*  |      |    Department Manager SDH Verification       *
*  | (o)(o)                                              *
*  \      _)   ETL/XB/V                                  *
*   |,___|     Ericsson Limited.                         *
*   |___/      Public Systems,                           *
*  /    \      Transport & Access Sector,                *
*              Woodlands Court Bldg 3.1,                 *
*              Albert Drive,                             *
*              Burgess Hill,                             *
*              West Sussex. RH15 9TP                     *
*              Tel: +44 1444 - 234336                    *
*                   +44 802 - 626362 (GSM Mobile)        *
*              Fax: +44 1444 - 231660                    *
*              Email: etlmcrt(_at_)etlxdmx(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se (work) *
*                     marc(_at_)Pavilion(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk         (home) *

NB. Any information below this line is purely
    routing details, please ignore.