processing mailboxes..

1996-04-02 18:38:12
Hi to all,

 first of all a big thanks to he authors of procmail and formail!
 They make life so much easier..

 I have a couple of questions, which I could probably solve but
 they probably have already been solved by others..

 Suppose I have a mbox file with lots of messages from and to many people.
What would be the formail (I suppose) invocation which would create from it
separate mbox files for each sender, and put of course the corresponding
messages
in these mboxes?

So, if I have

From a1 gfjhksgf
From a1 fdgdg
From a2 dfjhgkfdkjgh
etc. etc.

I would get files say sender.a1 containing
From a1 gfjhksgf
From a1 fdgdg

and sender.a2 containing From a2 dfjhgkfdkjgh
and so on?

Question 2:

 In these same mboxes there are saved messages sent by me using the generic
mail program and recorded in an outgoing messages mbox.
They are saved as: