Help!

1996-04-02 17:58:16
I downloaded Procmail 3.10 and SmartList (3.10?) two days ago, and am
having difficulty trying to make them work.  (I am concentrated on
Procmail so far; SmartList will come later when I want to learn how to
create my own mailing lists.)  We are running UNIX, and as yet I am not a
super user.

So far, this is what I have done: downloaded, extracted, and built the
procmail program. I moved it in my $HOME/bin directory, along with the
other executable programs.  I have created a ".procmailrc" file as well
as a ".forward" file...  (Though, to be honest, I do not know if the
".forward" file is even being looked out through the C Shell.)

The ".procmailrc" file is as follows:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Pine/Mail
LOCKFILE=$HOME/$LOGNAME
SENDMAIL=$PGPPATH/pgpsendmail
LOCKEXT=.lock
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
VERBOSE=on

:0
* ^FROM x-files
x-files

:0
* ^FROM sliders
sliders

:0
* ^FROM pine-info
pine-info

Oh, boy, this is where I am most confused.  Basically, I want it to sort
through my mail, looking at the mailing lists from Sliders,
Sliders-Creative, X-Files, X-Files-Romantics, X-Files-Fanfiction,
Pine-Info, and from my friends -- sending all the mail to different files.

I have created the "INBOX"es within PINE 3.91, and I am just waiting to
learn how to use Procmail...

Thankx...