counting messages since last login

1996-04-08 18:48:39

I am trying to keep a counter that will keep track of the number of
messages which have come in since the last login.

Right now I have a little script (count_mail) which does this in a file,
and I invoke the script for each message which comes through.  However,
there seems to be random times when I get an "error writing to
'count_mail'"

Anyone have any suggestions on doing this?

Thanks
TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma        <luomat(_at_)capitalist(_dot_)princeton(_dot_)edu>
USENET: Please CC this address on replies to my posts, things vanish fast.