procmail and pine

1996-04-16 19:11:12
What do you do on a system if the mail
isn't stored under the /usr hierarchy?
with the .procmailrc file I have now I expected my logname
to come up as /home/jude.  I have what pine makes for its mail boxes in
/home/jude/mail and I got the faq file from news.answers/mail/filtering-faq and
used
the instructions in that file to set up procmail and run the test
and the test recipe failed on this system.
Both messages ended up in in.box and
I had created the in.testing folder under pine before I ran the test.
If anybody on this list that also uses both pine and procmail could send some
ideas
for getting this figured out and operational it will be appreciated on this end.
My purpose in installing procmail and it's an unofficial
installation for my own account only is to mostly filter spam out of newsgroups
I read
before downloading their contents into soup packets for use with pc-yarn.

jude <jude(_at_)omni(_dot_)voicenet(_dot_)com>