Re: Has anyone actually hooked together procmail with Netscape-Mail?

1996-04-19 15:04:28
On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Jason Haar wrote:

Hi,

Netscape only locks the mail spool folder.

I use procmail to filter incoming messages into other folders. Netscape
ignores locks on these folders.

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this (I can't think of any)? I've
contacted Netscape a couple of times over this - and have just been
ignored :-(

Oh yeah - don't tell me to stop using procmail ;-)

Stop using Netscape.

If you have Netscape clear your inbox upon retrieval - try this:

Get your inbox, then send a message to yourself that causes procmail to
move folder1 to your inbox.  Then you can grab the inbox - and so on for
each folder.

Although you might want to consider using Agent to sort your mail into
folders after you retrieve it.

--
A man needs a mistress, just to break the monogamy.