Re: A question (re popOver-procmail-formail-appnmail) of error messages

1996-04-27 17:48:26
Matthew N. Reichman wrote:

[most of 20+ Kbytes worth of stuff snipped].

<bold>TOC of my situation:

</bold>*  I use a csh script to call popOver to get mail off POP3 =
server and route it into procmailrc=20
<bold>(#1 below)

Please do not post HTML to this mailing list.

--NeXT-Mail-1557319735-7

R0lGODdhMgEwAOcAAKUxHMaakajAzNnR0dfk6vHp6fH3+fj29vn7+8uKU/36+vz9/f79
[...]

Please do not post binary images to this mailing list.

<bold>#1)   Begin csh script to run popOver and then process =
through procmail
</bold>=20
<bold> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I think MIME-encoding should be avoided as well, since some may have
difficulty reading it.  But that's fairly minor compared to the
first two.  Nonetheless, your MIME-encoder doesn't match my
MIME-decoder, and I don't usually have that problem, so I suspect
your end isn't doing it right.

All this will cause most people with any sense to delete your huge
mailing unread, and if you do it again, everyone on this mailing
list will probably feed your mail to /dev/null (since this is the one
list where precisely how to do that is dicussed.)

If you want people to pay attention to you, send a short, text-only
post (but do include relevant details, but not "here's everything
I've got").

Cheers,
Stan Ryckman (whose last name is undoubtedly pronounced differently
than yours is).
(stanr(_at_)tiac(_dot_)net)