Re: getting rid of the body of an e-mail

1996-04-28 15:19:06
On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:

The following flags have no effect on blocks: h b f i w W r
In fact, procmail should be warning you of this in your LOGFILE.

First of all, thanks for your response.  No warnings from procmail, not
even a whisper.  And yes, I have verbose logging on :-).

You _probably_ also want to be using the ^TO or ^TO_ macros (see the
MISCELLANEOUS section of the procmailrc(5) manpage) in the condition.

It is kind of strange, but I do not have access to man pages of the
procmail (v3.10) which I use.  My provider in their infinite wisdom, do
not seem to have them installed man pages (Not NETCOM, but somebody else
who shall remain nameless, but my signature should give a clue).  So I
use the man pages from Netcom (v2.92pre9), which only mentions the above
macro in passing.

Hmm, staring some more, is there some reason you don't combine the two
inner recipes?

Yes.  In some of the other recipes in the same .procmailrc file, the file
names are not hard-coded but variable names ($AutoMsg).  I was making some
feeble efforts to substitute appropriate canned messages dynamically.

And yep, I forgot -gasp- the 2 in 2>&1 (now back to Unix 101).

Das
Interested in Vegetarianism?             Vegetarian Restaurant Trek
Web    http://www.VegInfo.com                712 Bancroft Road #320
e-mail info(_at_)VegInfo(_dot_)com (subject Help)       Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Interactive Voice/fax Response  (510) 256-8420                  USA