Re: More help needed

1996-04-28 16:23:36
blgroup(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (Patricia Buchanan) writes:
Phil and others:

 My autoresponder still isn't working.  It says that it is executing
formail, but I am not receiving forwarded Mail.  The mailing ID to
receive the mail is pblgroup(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Is that
too similar to
blgroup(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com for X-Loop? What is the best Precedence to use
if you
want something to go fast. Arrive in a couple of minutes not hours later.

 The receipes in the procmailrc are as  follows:

 ID's are caught in msgid.cache to prevent duplicate messages.  It is
currently a directory.  Formail couldn't write to it.  Why?

Because it shouldn't be a directory.  Remove it completely and let
formail create it from scratch.

Your next problem it that you have an antique version of formail that
doesn't support the '-D num', or the '-A header' options.  This is
evidenced by the log messages:

Usage: formail [+nn] [-nn] [-bfrktnedq] [-m nn] [-xaiI field] [-s prog arg ...

Upgrade to a newer version, being sure to overwrite or remove the older
version.  Check all the directories in your path to see if there are any
other version floating around.  Don't forget to do the same for procmail,
as you might as well upgrade it at the same time, given the compile in
one go.

If you aren't the local sysadmin, I would suggest talking with him, her,
or them about this.

Otherwise, it looks fine.

Philip Guenther