Re: Looping and SHIFTing

1996-04-30 07:41:01
Tony Jago <tony(_at_)fit(_dot_)qut(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> writes:

If I call procmail like this:

 procmail -m /my/script rcpt1 rcpt2 rcpt3 rcpt4 rcpt5

How can access the whole argument string? After changeing the message, I
want to be able to resent the message using sendmail.

I was thinking something like this might work:

  /my/script:

   :0
   ! -oi -f root(_at_)machine $@

  but the $@ does not expand. Alternalty I think the SHIFT should work
  but I guess I would need some sort of loop to shift though the
  arguments.

What version of procmail is this?  Arguments don't work with "-m
/etc/procmailrcs" in versions between 3.06 and 3.10 (inclusive).
That's what drove me to upgrade to 3.11pre1 a year ago.

Also, you may need to surround the $@ with double quotes.  I see
a note in the 3.11pre4 HISTORY file regarding that, though I'm not
sure what Stephen means:

1995/10/29: v3.11pre4
            Changes to procmail:
               - Regression bug since v3.06, procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs
                 didn't allow any arguments to be passed, fixed
               - Fixed parsing of $@' when not doublequoted

Philip Guenther