basic filtering problem

1996-04-30 09:58:27

In my .procmailrc file, I have a few recipes to redirect annoying threads
to spool files in my mail directory, and also to drop the procmail list into
its own file. These don't appear to do anything; the files remain empty, and
all mail goes to 'inbox.'

Any suggestions?

Excerpt from .procmailrc follows:

PATH=:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=~kramer/mail

:0:.lockfile0                           # Anything from people at Informatik
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
~kramer/mail/procmail_list              # will go to spool file

:0:.lockfile1                   # All 'taking action' will go to
* ^Subject:.*Taking action*
~kramer/mail/threads                            # spool file

:0:.lockfile2                   # All 'read this or die' will go to
* ^Subject:.*READ THIS OR DIE*
~kramer/mail/threads                    # spool file

:0:.lockfile3                   # All 'More Limericks' will go to
* ^Subject:.*More Limericks*
~kramer/mail/threads                    # spool file

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

-Josh

Joshua Kramer