Re: Procmail and New Message Notification?

1996-04-30 09:49:58

If you use tcsh, this handy alias will display a one line message at
your prompt telling you if and at what time new mail has arrived, or will
display nothing if there has been no new mail.

In .cshrc, add the line:

alias precmd 'finger your_username | grep "New mail" | grep -v "no"'

Replace your_username with your real username, login again, and you're set.

I hope that this is useful for some people.

-Josh

Joshua Kramer
Philadelphia, PA USA