Re: procmail-FAQ

1996-05-03 19:19:41
Shawn Zhang <shawn(_at_)snowhite(_dot_)cis(_dot_)uoguelph(_dot_)ca> writes:
I am completely new to this procmail list. I need to setup a procmail
stuff for my classmates. A friend of mine has sent me all the necessary
code to create .forward and .procmailrc.
But I just found out that our server doesn't have procmail* installed.
Does that mean I am out of luck?

You should talk to whoever administers the computer system and ask them
to install procmail.  If they won't, or *you* are the administrator,
then download a copy of the source from (I quote the README):

The latest version can be obtained from your friendly neighbour mirror site:

        ftp://ftp.aist-nara.ac.jp/pub/misc/mail/filters/procmail
        ftp://ftp.net.ohio-state.edu/pub/networking/mail/procmail
        ftp://ftp.psg.com/pub/unix/procmail
        ftp://hub.ucsb.edu/pub/mail             (hand updated)
        ftp://ftp.tamu.edu/pub/Unix/Mail        (hand updated)

Or directly as:

ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail/procmail.tar.gz

Then read the files named README, INSTALL and FAQ.

Philip Guenther