Sorting mail with attachment problem...

1996-05-12 23:25:11
Hi all You procmail-gurus!

Procmail is superb by the way!
(sorry for long mail)

I have my own domain at a ISP here in sweden.
All mail to our domain goes to one account.
I have a linux-box running 1.2.13 as a mailserver.
To fetch the mail i use popclient,formail and procmail.
My users dials in to the linux-box whith Eudora Pro to fetch/send their mail.

This is how I do it: ( root's crontab )
/usr/bin/popclient -s -3 -c -u username -p passwd 193.12.207.11 | \
 /usr/local/bin/formail +1 -ds /usr/local/bin/procmail

I got this from some text somewhere I can't remember...
Not sure how it works..
Think it is like this:
pocplient fetch mail using POP3 and pipes it to
formail. +1 -ds means it splits the mail one by one to procmail where it's
filtered based upon my .procmailrc-file.

My /root/.procmailrc
########################
# Please check if all the paths in PATH are reachable, remove the ones that
# are not.
VERBOSE0=on
PATH=$HOME:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail                      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/root
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
SHELL=/bin/sh

# This takes a backup of all incomming mail
:0 c
backup.mail

# Mail for ewa, goes to account "ewa"
:0
* ^TOewa
!ewa

# Mail for martin, goes to account "martin"
:0
* ^TOmartin
!martin

[more accounts snipped]
# Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
# using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT
###################################

Ok, now my problem:
If some one use Eudora from another domain at the internet to send a
mail to ewa(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)se it's forwarded ok.
If he also attach a file, say worddoc.doc, it gives me an error
in the logfile /root/Mail/from:
"Error while writing to /usr/lib/sendmail ewa"

All mail from that "fetch-session" just dissapears!
It's not in the backup.mail file or anywhere else!

I know there is a -Y flag for formail and procmail.
"Berkeley mailbox format" it says in the man-pages.
How does it work? Can't get any info other than the man-pages...
Is that my problem?

btw It's procmail-3.10..

Any fast help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!!  /Martin