Archive and Mime/uuencode?

1996-05-15 09:20:29
With Smartlist 3.10, procmail 3.10, Solaris 2.5

For Reasons yet unknown I can't seem to get binary files
to transfer properly when using the archive server.

If the files are pre-encoded direct from a mailer and sent to the archive all
is fine.
If the binary files are placed in the archive directory they are not
usable at the other end.

I have been mailing the files into the server and removing the mail
header.  This works fine since the files were already uuencoded by
the sending mail program.    I want them to be uuencoded or mime
encoded as necessary so that The files I have stored can be retieved
without storing two copies of each.

Any Clues?

The Mailer that we use is Pegasus 2.3x.
  Bill Hogan                Phone: (602) 985-6842
  Career Blazers              Fax: (602) 985-3546
  1346 N. Papillon Circle   Pager: (800) 214-5057
  Mesa, Arizona  85205      Email: hogan(_at_)crl(_dot_)com