Help with procmail

1996-05-18 18:12:02

Hello,

        I am new to procmail and I am facing some problems

Scenario,

        my workstation: Solaris 2.3
        mailhost      : Sunos BSD 4.1.3

/var/spool/mail of my mailhost is mounted on /var/mail of my
workstation.

        - If I compile the binaries on my solaris machine,
I was never able to get it to work. I think the .forward
file is looked from the mailhost which is not solaris
and gets an "Exec Foramt Error".

        - I tried compiling it on the mailhost, I cannot
get the compiler to test /var/mail for locking, because
there is no /var/mail on the mailhost.

        Is there a simple way to handle this problem?
I do not want to move my mailbox to my homedirectory.

Thanks a Milliion,

-raj

more .procmailrc
DEFAULT=/var/mail/raj