Re: Help with procmail

1996-05-18 19:57:03
On Sat, 18 May 1996, CHANNAPATNA RAJENDRAM wrote:

Hello,

      I am new to procmail and I am facing some problems

Scenario,

      my workstation: Solaris 2.3
      mailhost      : Sunos BSD 4.1.3

/var/spool/mail of my mailhost is mounted on /var/mail of my
workstation.

      - If I compile the binaries on my solaris machine,
I was never able to get it to work. I think the .forward
file is looked from the mailhost which is not solaris
and gets an "Exec Foramt Error".

      - I tried compiling it on the mailhost, I cannot
get the compiler to test /var/mail for locking, because
there is no /var/mail on the mailhost.

      Is there a simple way to handle this problem?
I do not want to move my mailbox to my homedirectory.

If you use mailtool, and it sounds like you might, you need
to turn off all kernel locking. Disable lockf, flock, and fcntl
in the config file and then build. I've found mailtool and
procmail simply won't coexist unless you do just plain .lock
file locking and nothing else.

Good luck! It works great for us.

Doug Hughes                                     Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin                                Auburn University
                        doug(_at_)eng(_dot_)auburn(_dot_)edu
                Pro is to Con as progress is to congress